Dual Enrollment is designed for students who would like to supplement their high school curricula and challenge themselves by taking rigorous, college-level classes and possibly earn “free” college credits. Some courses can be used to meet the requirements for an Associate Degree and/or are transferable to a 4-year university. Please see our SCC representatives for more info.
- Students have the opportunity to take a college class while still in high school.
- Many classes are specifically designed to prepare students for the rigor of college.
- These classes, which normally cost $46 a unit, are FREE for high school students.
Interested In Taking a Course at Santiago Community College?
- Click here and follow the detailed instructions.
- Special Admit Forms- Counselors take a variety of factors into consideration when receiving a request to sign a Special Admit form, so please be advised that not all requests will be approved. Potential Dual Enrollment students must be prepared to meet the demands and expectations set by the college, including their enrollment and registration process
SCC Support Services
SCC Career Coaches assist students with exploring and identifying career technical education programs. The Career Coach additionally connects students to career pathway classes and programs available at SCC, helping to create a plan to achieve student goals and jumpstart career opportunities. They also supplement the counseling program by providing workshops that help students develop practical skills such as resume and cover letter writing, filling out job applications, and interview skills.
Ms. Cindy Lee (Lee_Cindy@sccollege.edu), available Tuesdays & Wednesday in the CHS Library from 8:00AM - 4:30PM and the following Fridays (10/14, 10/28, 11/18, 12/9)
*Contact the Career Coach for information regarding taking dual enrollment courses
Ms. Pam Skiles (Skiles_Pam@sccollege.edu), available in the CHS Library on Wednesdays from 8AM - 4:30PM
SCC Outreach aims to assist students with the successful transition from high school to college through a variety of services by providing information related to enrollment, registration, orientation, and financial aid. If you want a full list of their services, click here.
Ms. Angie Veliz (Veliz_Angie@sccollege.edu), available in the new quad on Mondays, from 1:00PM - 2:00PM
*Ms. Angie Veliz is your main contact for Seniors who are applying and registering for SCC as a freshman via the Early Welcome program